View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
lint
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: IBM's "Deep Blue" computer beat the chess champ in '97,but we can't have adaptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Realize that when you put quotes around a word it takes on a different meaning. What you described is exactly what I would call "thinking".

Wouldn't it be nice if Madden ran an algorithm that placed weight on yards needed and what play types are more likely to gain those yards?

How about when one of your players gains X number of yards, the CPU then calls defenses that assign him extra coverage?

The only way any computer can "think", is by using algorithms.
You do have a point, but I term thinking as spontaneous and has the possibility of making a mistake. A computer can only do what you tell it to do. But I know what you mean.

The way it can be weighted is debatable. 1st and 10 at your own 35... what play should I run, if I have not played them before and there is no calculations yet. This seems like I would take the bill walsh approach and script my first 5 plays (this is actually done in chess as well, the first 5 moves are kind of random then it begins to start using the long algorithms.) then make your calculating moves after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove