View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Mofficial
Rookie

OVR: 22
Idea on physical attributes in conjunction with ratings

I was thinking.... Some players can get an edge on other players not only because of their height or weight, but also with attributes such as arm length, hand size, and lower body size. I think this would be too soon to implement in madden 10, but i still think it could be put into the game later on.

I was thinking at the player management screen, in the upper right corner next to the player's picture, could be an outline of a body that shows certain attributes of certain players (such as the aforementioned arm length or lower body size). So depending on how you like to play, and the player's position, you can place them in strategic places in-game. I don't know what the best method of measuring these parts except maybe (focusing on arm length) short, average, long, very long, extremely long (i have a feeling some players may have abnormally long arms)

For example, if a wide receiver is 6-5 with extremely or very long arms is on your team and your in the 6 yard line in the redzone, that could be a fade threat (obviously) and if you throw to him, it'll be an almost guaranteed touchdown (assuming he as a decent catch rating). Or if you have a back with huge legs, then hit-sticking him low 1. shouldn't flip him over and 2. wouldn't be as effective as hitting another back with smaller legs.

I also think that this could be implemented in the draft so you can get a better idea of who you would like to draft based on their physical attributes as well as their player ratings. just a thought.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove