View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #189
The Sim God
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Totally random Madden NFL 10 screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I was playing a game today at home, and as I was zooming around in instant replay looking for bugs, I realized that I should be a good community-interaction-person and just take a screenshot and share it with you all. I first got approval from our art director Michael Young to post this as it isn't much to look at graphically - it's not even in HD (unheard of us to release standard def screenshots)! Also the materials are messed up, the lighting isn't tuned, etc...but being that this has nothing to do with graphical improvements, we figured we could share it.

The reason I wanted to post it is that I thought this one shot is a good example of how a lot of small improvements can really improve the realism (and feel) of WR/DB play.

Attachment 14145

When you compare the shot to one from 09 in a similar situation I think you'll see the difference:

We'll probably do a blog a little later on to talk about it in more detail, but I thought this screen was a good look at how things are changing - one area at a time - as we go for the full 'sim' experience. I'll leave it to you guys to pick apart all the details of course.
ITS ABOUT TIME. now seperatioon will be just tyat....seperation.
no more 10foot high jumping dbs.

now 1 on 1 coverage = risky.

The Sim God has spoken