View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #406
MLB
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
How is that a game? Why would you want to use a batting mechanic that demands realism for one aspect of hitting (timing) while COMPLETELY ignoring another one (location)? At least cursor batting tries to get it right...but it's just a crappier hitting mechanism than The Show, PowerPros, Baseball Advance, World Series baseball, or just about any other baseball game you could imagine.
You wanna see an interesting batting mechanism ? Check out All Star Baseball 2004 for Gameboy Advanced. I guess it would be the same mechanism for any console, but I only saw it on the GBA. It's f'in great. It's a transparent flat triangle that is big or small depending on the batter's ability to hit. It's able to be rotated up, down, left, or right. It's not easy to hit either. Timing is well implemented in that game as well. It's so simple and effective. Some of these developers need to dig in the crates and take some notes about what they see in classic games. And I know this is gonna give some of you guys the red ***, but it's the truth. I enjoyed playing that on the GBA more than MLB 2K9 on my PC.

And yea, like you mentioned, Baseball Advance is another game for the GBA that has a great hitting mechanism.

Last edited by MLB; 04-06-2009 at 02:26 PM.