View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #412
zpq12
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendanrfoley

Oh, life can be so cruel.

My outfield play was fine before the patch, now it's a mess. I now hit "A" as soon as a flyball is hit, and let the computer field it for me. Five games played today, and about five or six misplays.

I'm also re-learning how to pitch. CPU hitters can really crush curveballs now.

Same here on all accounts.

---

Same here too! I don't understand how some people on here were "confirming" that flyballs were fixed. Why, because you caught one? Pre-patch, that glitch didn't happen every time. I'm not convinced that it's improved at all. I think that the 1st base thing has been noticeably fixed or improved, but with so many game breaking glitches still in place, I may have no choice but to trade this thing in and cut my losses.

Looks like MLB The Show 09 for PS2 in glorious standard def for me

I lost something like 11 straight games (many of them close) because I refuse to use anything but cursor batting, and I can't do it with that razor thin cursor (which doesn't respond well when you're trying to move it quickly). Swing stick is a joke because there is nothing that requires you to actually AIM where you are swinging. How is that a game? Why would you want to use a batting mechanic that demands realism for one aspect of hitting (timing) while COMPLETELY ignoring another one (location)? At least cursor batting tries to get it right...but it's just a crappier hitting mechanism than The Show, PowerPros, Baseball Advance, World Series baseball, or just about any other baseball game you could imagine.
LOL. So basically you're just mad you can't have it your way. You knew damn well how the batting was going to be. Why buy the game? You decided to call the outfielding a glitch because what, you dropped one ball. I'm not saying some people haven't had a problem, but I have had absolutely zero issues in 20+ games. Your argument on that point sucks.

On a related note. Is there a patch fix list somewhere?