View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #55
Echopax
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Echopax I wholeheartedly agree with your frustration, and believe it or not, it is shared among many members of the dev team. You (plus any others that may be disappointed with this blog) have to just come to grips with the fact that it is very early, and we can't give any major features away . It's not a worry of someone stealing our ideas obviously, it's a worry of having enough PR and 'buzz' to make sure the weeks leading up to launch are a big deal. As much as I'd like to release the entire design schedule for our game in January, unfortunately having everyone know everything we're doing makes it really hard to actually market the game to the masses if there's nothing cool released right before it comes out. We want to release this kind of information to tell you all - the hardcore detail fanatics - that we care about these details and that we are addressing them. It's either that or nothing at all...which would you prefer?

Presentation and gameplay are my primary areas of focus, just like Franchise is for Josh and Donny. There's no way for me to know if our vision matches what you want or expect, but I am extremely happy with the plan that we've got moving forward in our respective areas so hopefully that helps you a bit.
Firstly, thanks for the reponse.

It's not that I'm disappointed in this blog, as it has noted that certain issues have been fixed that definitely needed tending to, it's just that this blog has somewhat sparked some deja-vu with past years, particularly 09. To be honest, after playing the 09 demo I thought 09 was the Madden game we were all waiting for.

Then we were let down. I guess I'm still waiting not to be let down. This is the first year that I've kind of thought about the game on a more realistic standpoint than as a fan, like I did in years past, which has definitely triggered some frustration.

But, hey, it's good to see one of the developers has read my opinion. I can't ask much more than that. I hope I'm contributing in some way shape or form to you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove