View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #32
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Do not set the potential of a player in stone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I actually like the potential set in stone. OK so a lot of you are complaining that the potential would limit players, now let me ask you, if potential was not set in stone what would prevent you from coaching every single player in to a probowler? There are busts in the NFL for a reason, what would prevent me from simply picking any random RB in the draft and turn him into a 90 over all? What would be the point of scouting and actually trading up and down? I can just sit there every year and pick any random player and he will not bust.
I suggested earlier that the Pot be show as a 1-99 stat and instead of having a cap on skills(unless they are physical ratings) that pot be how quickly a player can grow with how well he produces. You could draft a Alex Smith who looks to be a great QB but he has no pot therefore even if he were to produce very well he wouldnt grow quickly.

On the other hand you could get a Mario Williams with great talent and solid pot become a supwer star. You could also get a Jay Cutler/Tom Brady who has everything you look for in a QB and Has great pot. Brady took off like a bat outta heck when he got his first starts that would be the example of a player with 90+ pot.