View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
MRxAmazing
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Idea about Create-A-Team Franchises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico
Try setting up a fantasy draft for a franchise with a create-a-team. Royal pain. You have to create your team, set up the team's roster using the weird fantasy selection interface (where you couldn't sort by team, of course), doing your best to duplicate a roster for whatever team you want to replace in the league precisely, running into limits when it says you can't select a 4th RB or some such until you've selected all your D-linemen or some such, then discovering that there's a hard cap to the fantasy C-A-T roster that's smaller than the team's actual roster. All so you can enter fantasy draft, replace your least favorite team, and select players in a big long draft. Absolutely ridiculous.

Only cool side effect was the ability to delete or clone players. Say you wanted two copies of Champ Bailey because you and your roommate argue over who gets him...well, add him to you C-A-T and replace the Cowboys or something, "forgetting" to add T.O. to your team's roster. Suddenly there are two Champ Baileys out there, getting it done, and the NFL has nothing more to do with T.O.

Although it's way less funny when it happens by accident. My roommate once cloned some low-rated lineman and removed another just because their names were so similar and he selected the wrong one.
That's pretty much exactly what I PMed Ian. If he read it or not, is beyond me. I really hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove