View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #76
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Do not set the potential of a player in stone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Ok, and in madden 05 and nfl 2k5 TJ houshamanzeda had low ratings and would have never developed into a good receiver. In madden 08 vince young was rated like an 89 overall or something crazy and would become a great QB and reggie bush was rated well enough to become a great running back. In madden 07 for past gen margues colston was not even in the game. In the ps3 version, it came out later I think and he was rated decent but I bet in the 360 version this wasn't the case. In madden 09 slaten was rated much lower than mcfadden and therefore it was nearly impossible to get him to become a better back than mcfadden, but so far in their careers who is ahead? The list could go on forever. Whether their is a max potential or not players ratings will be off for some players. It is a game made by humans so this will always happen.
What people arent seeing is how reletive this is to the max pot. Its basicly saying that I have a QB that has played like a HOF but no matter what he does he will ALWAYS be a overall 80.(I know 80 is gonna be good in M10 but its just a number please dont get hung up on it) Its basicly saying with the pre-determined players that the madden dev are making a world where they are the almighty factor to who will be great/bad. you see what Im saying? its still controlled by humans therefore its flawed because they will say who and what this guy will only be this good even if he somehow makes it to the HOF....