Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #1100
bkrich83
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Before I go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB
Let me start off by addressing all the guys that are gonna defend 2K Sports and MLB 2K9. This game sucks and you know it. Why the hell you wanna defend it is beyond me and beyond everyone else who sees the game for what it is, which is ****. Don't mention The Show if you respond to this because the topic is MLB 2K9.

The gameplay of 2K9 is like pukin' on a pile of ****. The people who defend 2K9 always hail the controls for being original and better than mashing buttons, but I gotta disagree. What the **** is so original about holding down an analog stick, then pressing up on it to swing ? Left and right has no influence on the swing. That's a load of bull****. All it really equates to is pressing a ****in' button anyway. If they would've made left and right actually influence the direction of the swing, then maybe the controls would be worth praising. Fielding is an abortion. There is nothing to explain. You all know what I'm
talkin' about. Pitching isn't bad, but it's not strong enough to make the other aspects of gameplay even tolerable. Hitting feels very scripted. I've seen base hits where the ball doesn't even come in contact with the bat. What the **** !?

They even ****ed up the HR derby mode this year. There's no suspense in it. Because of the camera angles in this year's derby, the person playing knows whether it's an out or a HR before the ball lands. That's stupid and makes for a real lame HR derby. Do I even need to mention how unrealistic it is for all the players competing to hit 20 or 30 HRs in a 10 out round? And who the **** decided to break up a 10 out round into 3 pieces ? 2K7 and 2K8 at least had a decent HR Derby mode you could enjoy with some friends. All 2K had to do was leave it the **** alone. Everything they change is made worse.

The graphics are decent, but that doesn't mean much since the gameplay is basically ********. The crowd looks great. It's definately one of the best graphical aspects of MLB 2K9. The stadiums look decent and have a good amount of detail, but they're not very accurate to how they look in reality. There are some strange things about the graphics as well. What's the deal with the blank scoreboards and clocks missing hands ?? What's with the Mickey Mouse batting gloves ? They're one solid color, just like some of the cleats in the game. They look like **** and actually do take away from the overall look of the game. The bats look too big in comparison with the batters. Some of the player's faces are ridiculous. Seriously, they look nothing like the actual player. The MS paint inspired dust clouds are lame enough to induce laughter. The uniforms in the PC version of the game never get dirty. That's just stupid and most likely a very lazy decision that the developers made - especially since it wasn't fixed in the patch. Collision detection could have it's own paragraph, but **** it, I'm not even gonna get into that issue.

Overall, the game is a ****in' headache. You can't get a realistic game of baseball without meticulously ****in' with the sliders like some kind of mad scientist and even then, the realism is questionable at best. I'd rate the game a 5.5, but since it was patched, I'll rate it a 6 outta 10. 2K Sports should be embarassed about this game and all the negative feedback from long term 2K fans. I have a feeling The Bigs 2 will be more enjoyable than this digital pile of ****.
How many times are you going to repeat the same things over and over again? We heard you the third time you said this..

Get over it, move on and stop trolling.