View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #462
PVarck31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
MS owns the rights to High Heat Baseball (formerly by 3DO).

I personally would LOVE to see them revive that Franchise with a lot of the same people that worked on the last one (if possible) (2004). That was a great baseball game (except for the horrible graphics). Microsoft could combat PS3 sales because of the Show (although it's probably not a ton of sales overall) by making their own great baseball game since 2K hasn't been stepping up to the plate since 360/P3.
Having said all that, I do think this game has a lot of promise for the future. This is the first one that VC has worked on, and the first ones are usually a disaster. They really could refine this game, and make it really good for next year.
Even though I have a PS3 and MLB 09 The Show, I hope they make this series good, because it's kind of like Coke and Pepsi. Even though you really may like Coke (MLB 09 The Show), sometimes you're not in the mood for it, and want Pepsi (MLB 2K9) for a change (or Pepsi may be The Show for some of you and MLB 2K9 is Coke, whatever).

So I take it that it still isn't worth buying post-patch? (Trying to catch up here, haven't been on the MLB 2K9 forum in a while)
I just picked it up again today. After 2 games, I must say its a vast improvement.