View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
TheCreep
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
There has been alot of griping on this board about sock stripes and Superbowl patches, and (for goodness sakes) hand towels. Someone actually had the nerve to complain that the hand towels that we now have in the game are no good because they can't be moved to any part of the waistband.

When I was a kid, we were glad to have a green colored field...

NFL Football, Atari 2600 1979

Techmo Bowl, NES 1989

Madden NFL 2000, Playstation 1999

Madden NFL '10, Xbox 360 2009

Put into that perspective, a few poorly placed stripes on a jersey aren't so bad, now are they?

As far as I am concerned, the graphics are AS GOOD AS THEY EVER NEED TO GET. Dynamic game-play and interactive AI should be the primary goals in years to come. A game that looks real and plays like Techmo Bowl is unacceptable.
I'm right there with you man. I guess thats why I dont say much about this, that, and the other. I remember playing that 2600 game, lol. Madden looks awesome in my book, and even with the gameplay kinks, I STILL think the gameplay aint half bad either.

Now all the small details that people ask about, oh yeah, most definitely would love to see that,(I even had a few suggestions myself) but it aint a gamebreaker by a longshot.