Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #246
luv_mist
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
TO, would you be willing to bet 1000 bucks that you didn't try to tap the shoot button for a quicker shot knowing you were down to the last seconds...which culmintated in a pump fake? If there were a cosmic DVR that could rewind and show your fingers, i'd be willing to take that bet that you did, bro. Do you often see jumpers hitch like that?

Luv mist brings up another good point though...shooters with slow releases are at a unrealistic disadvantage in this game. I can't get a 'perfect' release jumper off with Gordon without getting blocked to save my life...
I strictly use the shot stick since it's been implemented in 2K6 (I think that's when it was introduced) and I know I've seen that freaking hitch hundreds of times myself. There are just some of those problems in the game that need to be ironed out more. That and those slow drives to the hole after I give a pump fake to get the defense in the air.

On the real, with Ben Gordon, you can create space and play with him slightly like he's a small Michael Jordan with the fades. Best time to hit with him is when there's a break and the defense is trying to recover. Launch a couple from his hot spots and that fool will be on fire all game.