View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:48 AM   #65
SouthernBrick

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NFL Antitrust: What it Means for the Sports Video Game Industry

EA is finally wising up.

Could be coincidence, but EA just seems like that type of company that knows when to hold em and when to fold em. They have been holding for a long time with the back of the box features and the dev's probably have to bend to there ways.

But now that the time is getting closer that they may lose there Exclusive Rights they are now folding and bending to our ways rather than there's.
They have heard our voice and they are responding b/c they know if they lose that Lisence that 2k may come back strong and they don't want that.

To EA its all about sales, but now that they see that 2k can eventually take alot of money from them if they lose this battle in the football genre.

And thats not in EA's best interest and now they know they have to just straight up make a better game than 2k or at least up to that level. After the exclusive lisence EA was like well we own the NFL rights we can do whatever to make the game look flashy and sell without interuption of 2k.

Now toward the end of there exclusive rights its more about physics, sim and realism more than ever...

I may be dead wrong but its just my opinon on why we are getting the best madden(possibly football game) up to date this year.

My expectations of this madden is very high this year and they have always had the teams to do it until the exclusive rights took place, and it went downhill from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove