View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #50
Moostache
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long)

The original post (although dripping with sarcasm at times) was well done, I certainly admire the dedication to getting your point across...well done sir, kudos!

The solution though is not simply fixing the blocking.

Better blocking with the same atrocious defensive AI would simply be a disaster. The inability to stop your CPU defenders from behaving like Alzheimer's patients is just as central to the overall game as the option blocking in my mind.

This continues to be my greatest personal disappointment in the "next-gen" games...it is not the graphics or even the admittedly lame presentation (seriously EA guys...how many YEARS has it been since people at Community Days were howling about the lack of on-field referees and interactive sideline chain gangs and they are STILL missing from NCAA 10? just flat out embarrassing by now)...no the biggest disappointment remains that these games use less of the available processing power for AI and plain logic than they did last gen. If we had a game that was visually indistinguishable from NCAA 2007 but simply addressed the gaping holes in AI, I think there would be a lot more people satisfied with the game...just my $0.02 worth...