View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #45
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover.

It would be nice if Madden were on the cover. I'm old enough to remember when there was no Madden, and how much excitement the first Madden game generated. It took me weeks of visiting Babbages almost daily to find a copy. There was such a market for a realistic football game and people soaked it up. Obviously the title has had it's ups and downs in terms of quality, but I think Madden himself has always been a constant as far as his view of football goes.

I'll never forget seeing him on ESPN and actually being upset at what the game had become with Madden '04 and how the devs reacted to it (the game was veering for spastic tournament style play; the year Michael Vick/jetpacking were buzzwords). I can remember many sleepless nights being up all night playing Madden '03 with friends, or playing the game online for 8hrs straight like it was crack. While his level of involvement w/the creation of the game and it's progress is debateable, his name is synonymous with video game football - he should be on the cover. But I'd guess the process may be a little too far along to change

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 04-17-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove