View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
Village Idiot
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

The idea about atmosphere I had recently came while playing some NHL 09. That game has multiple team intros. Around here, most references to team intros involves getting the "real" team intros into the game, such as the fog at Miami or the Go Blue banner at Michigan.

Well, my thought was, while "real" intros would be fine and good, they're not entirely necessary. Instead, what I would love to see is dynamic intros that correspond to how well your team is playing.

So you have a "base" intro, and this is the intro you'd get when you've lost your last game, or last few games. The crowd doesn't exactly cheer your arrival, there's even a smattering of boos, and the player's animations (body language) is modest and tame.

Then there's a "second level" intro, and this is the intro you'd get when you've won your last game, or last few games. This intro would have the crowd being a little louder, and your players would be shown with more emotion (jumping up and down, head shaking, etc.).

So on and so forth, maybe including six or seven intros in total, where they get better and better, all the way to the point where the intro itself will tell you how good your team (as well as your opponent) is playing.

So maybe for one game, your team exhibits "intro #2" (you were at intro #4 but lost) and your opponent exhibits "intro #6" (they've won 9 straight). Or maybe the intro for both teams is "intro #7" (a NC game, a bowl game, a #1 vs. #2 game).