View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #28
Jackmouv
Rookie

OVR: 13
Arrow Re: Are Cut-scenes Needed in Video Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners52794
I hope you're joking, and not serious. You sound like a bitter old man lol many people that play video games are adults; im 15 and ill tell you most of my friends dont give a damn about what madden is updating, because they buy it every year anyways. About the imagination thing...if i wanted to imagine my team winning the super bowl id imagine the damn super bowl, not spend my hard earned 60 bucks (mine IS hard earned) on some half-assed madden that fails in many ways more than cut-scenes, and remind myself of how madden 04 for PS2 had super bowl cut-scenes, if overused but there nonetheless, and how it costs 99 cents and try to think of ways of how this new game is better than that old frisby.

On another note, cutscenes are one thing that makes college hoops 2k8 so fresh. actually they werent cutscenes, they were real time. i had a game where k-state was losing to my sooners by 4 in a close game, and michael beasley gets called for a cheap, questionable foul on blake griffin who tossed up a beautiful j off the glass and got the and 1. Beasley had picked up his fourth foul, and right there on the floor blake griffin is chest bumping his bro while beasley is flipping out and his teammate comes over to chill him down. at the time i was like "yeah, and1 bich thats what you get for not winning rookie of the year" but after watching the replay it went so smooth, i watched it at least 7 times. and you should see the coach almost walk on the floor and scream at his players when they screw up or give an easy basket, these little cut-scenes are why so many people still play games like choops 2k8 and the show (that can only get worse at this point)

vs.

Tigers and Sooners to do battle on the hardwood?

April 17, 2:24 pm PST

Memphis, TN – News sources are buzzing around a potential College Hoops 2K8 exhibition matchup with the Memphis Tigers taking on the OU Sooners. OU coach sooners52794 has not been reached for comment yet, but Jackmouve, Tigers coach had this to say, “My boys are always ready to play, we’ll even play them at OU. Listen; if sooners52794 wants to add me to his PS3 friends list we can do it this weekend. I’ll be up north spanking Headlinah and his Kentucky Wildcats so I might as well pick up another win at OU.” VirtualSportzCenter.com will be monitoring the situation as it unfolds.