View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
AuburnAlumni
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

Guys,

What the heck do you think Wide Open Gameplay is?

You keep saying "it's not a bad thing"...but give me one POSITIVE about how EA implemented Wide Open Gameplay last year.

You guys are basically saying "You know, having a neutered defense was fun and exciting and I really didn't have any problem with it".

That is what you guys are saying.

If you'd like, I'll offer you the same Challenge I offered folks last year. Pick any powerhouse school, challenge me, and I'll pick Troy or some lower rated team.

I will either 1. Beat you or 2. Stay really really close to you.

Why? Because LSU or USC's Defense would get shredded by Bowling Green if I just went 4 or 5 WR and ran hitches, comebacks, and slants all day long on you.

If you attempted to bring a "blitz"...I'd still get the pass off because of how badly the blitzes have been neutered. I'll have at least 4-5 seconds to find a receiver every single play....Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long in reality for any defense to have hope of stopping an offense.

Again...I know the EA guys are working on this for NCAA 10..or I hope they are...because I'm pointing out just how laughable the 09 gameplay was.

Solidice, Stewaat, BluenGold, kodiak, and I would literally have just about every head to head game come down to who turned the ball over or had to punt once...because we usually scored on every single possession.

That's not cool. In any way, shape, or form.
Advertisements - Register to remove