Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #42
XtremeDunkz
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Get rid of the "Overall" rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
It would be very interesting to see the ratings numbers hidden from view. Maybe that can be a franchise option down the road. That would really seperate the true GM's from the pack.

Imagine you're in FA, looking at RT's, the only info you could go by was scouting info, past statistics, players size, and possibly some video of the player from the season before. You would really have to do your homework to figure out who was good and who wasn't. You could sign a guy for top money because he had a killer season the year before and then next season he plays just mediocre.

Same thing with the draft, you sign a guy Top 5 because the scouts say he dominated, but then you get him on the field and his game speed is a little slower than you thought, and his toughness isn't where it needs to be. You might draft a guy in the 5th round that plays better than your first rounder.

Definitely something interesting. Don't think the general Madden public would like it but I would be all for the challenge.
This is almost EXACTLY what I am trying to discuss here. Forgive me for making this thread right after work when I am dead tired. Just wanted to get it up before I forgot.

But I'd really like to see the option to hide ratings in franchise mode. NBA 2k does this. They give each player a letter grade in the main categories. To find out who is better you have to look at their statistics and what their player card says about them. Of course you have the option of scouting a certain number of players a month to see their detailed ratings. It just takes a lot of the realism away for me knowing exactly how good a player is at everything.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers