View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
STLRams
MVP

OVR: 15
The Abomination that is Madden Nation

So I was watching some of the episodes of Madden Nation challenge that comes on ESPN. Its funny how alot of those guys really claim and think they know all there is to know about the game of football, and act like little wanna be gansters on there. I also notice while watching these guys playing Madden 09 that alot of gameplay issues that I didn't like - how players run and cut on a dime unrealistically and how the QB can run around 30 yards back an launch the ball. Alot of things I've noticed where things Ian is addressing with Madden10, thank god. After watching a few episodes of this, alot of those guys don't seem to play really SIM football, and only use one or two plays all game and use cheese tactics.

With Madden10 I am so glad this seems to be a turning point with the series and Ian wants it to be more SIM. After watching this show I really hope Ian sticks by his statement -

"For the future vision of Madden, we want a football coach that's never played Madden before to be able to take down a Madden Challenge competitor."
- Lead Designer Ian Cummings

I see now why alot of people are not a fan of that Madden challenge show that like to try to play SIM ball. If Madden10 turns out like we hope it too, I guess alot of those guys will be the ones complaining about the game now. After watching that show it really made me appreciate what Ian is trying to do with the Madden series now, thank you Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove