Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #45
XtremeDunkz
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Get rid of the "Overall" rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
Madden will NEVER get rid of the overal ratings system. Madden has users of all different ages playing it, a 7 year old is not going to be able to decide who is better between 2 players so they say ok he has a higher overal, im going to use him.

Also overal's are just a guideline you do not HAVE to use them at all. plenty of times in madden i have used a lesser overal player because i prefered his skill set. Ive also signed plenty of cheap free agents based on their attributes not overal, for instance i could (hypothetically speaking dont remember their overals). Sign Ahmad Bradshaw at 80 overal, or Derrick Ward at 82 Overal. I already have a big bruiser in jacobs at rb1, so i go for the homerun hitter who is more elusive and quick in bradshaw. So i take the guy i prefer of similar rated and priced rbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetitans
Couldn't have said it myself. The current system allows Madden players to get as casual or indepth with player ratings as they like. Players that prefer a deep franchise experience can scan through a multitude of stats to find the player that perfectly fits their scheme or find a lesser priced alternative. Meanwhile more casual players can try to sign as many 90+ as they can afford. Win win.

After all, the rating's still there whether its in numbers, letters or stars. You can try to cover it up, make it seem more intuitive then it is. But it's still the ratings that govern the gameplay, and it is one of the few aspect of Madden that honestly does not need fixing or tuning.

I'm not asking to remove the ratings or anything else like that. I'm talking about a simple option before you start franchise mode to hide all player ratings. Only showing the players college/previous NFL times, 40 times, bench reps etc. With that it allows for a much more in depth franchise mode. You don't know simply by looking at them who is the clear cut better player. Making roster decisions much more difficult, and maybe making preseason worth actually playing?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove