View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #88
H1DR03L3KTRIC
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I can say "you are wrong" as well. Means nothing. It's a matter of opinion. But what's not a matter of opinion is the fact that there have been numerous unnecessary attacks on people for just having gone to play a video game. That fact cannot be disputed and that's the core issue that would cause a sharp reaction if any.

That's exactly what a mod is for. If you feel that way, simply alert a mod and let them handle it.

Rhetoric.

The post from that single member (so we've established that it's not been all people of the group, which removes your original claim) was directed at the OP of that thread and had nothing to do with "the rest of the community" nor did it imply such.

Secondly, the posts I saw were sarcastic at best. I disagree that they were disrespectful, but that's a matter of opinion. The same can be said for the OP of that thread, but I think it was clear that the thread should've never been posted to begin with, and neither should this one since it's playing off of that one.

There you go again with "they". Who is "they"? Address who you have a problem with, lol.

And again, your way of mentioning the "Elite 8" thing (something we never called ourselves), is coming across as bitterness and hating. I think you have a problem with all of us but without any real reason other than the opportunity we got. Why else would you keep saying "they" when clearly "they" have done nothing wrong and you actually just disliked the way one or two guys responded, lol.

No matter what state you live in, if you sign a document and agree to be bound to the terms of that agreement, and you then breach it... you're subject to a suit. Lots of (if not most) contracts dealing with IP are signed by folks who collectively are residents of different states.

States don't "enforce" IP, the holder and his lawyers do. There's no state department watching products and properties to make sure Johnny isn't stealing Billy's new widget. Not even at the Federal level. That's why I laugh when people think a patent "protects" their concept, because if someone does knock their idea off they'll still have to find it, sue, and then prove it in court which can take forever and wind up costing more money to fight than they actually ever made or will ever make off of it on the market.
"They" is EA, EA is Electronic Arts; are you even reading my post?