View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #49
SwayGod53
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
Alot of you people are missing the point while some of you know what you are talking about. The problem is that EA and the Players Association were in bed together.

This goes beyond just the video game the problem is that the older players in the league didnt get any kind of 401k or anything like that and they werent getting the money players are today. The Players Association was not handling royalties etc. made and contributing it to retired players. And what was going on between the Association and EA was a perfect example.

What would have been right to have do is for EA to maybe pay a little bit more into NFLPA and the NFLPA to take that money and give it to the players. That way EA could have rights to the players likeness etc. and the players wouldn't care because they would have gotten compensated through the NFLPA. Personally I feel that the NFLPA is more to blame then EA but EA got caught in the wrong as well.

For those of you that say oh I dont need no historical teams obviously are the same ones that search for every glitch to use in the game and have no respect for the game. You cant get anywhere in life if you dont know where you came from how do you know where you are going?

Alot of "Fans " have no clue about their teams history and its really sad because you really have no attachment to your team. I'm from Philadelphia and I love all my sports teams. And in the recent loss of a great broadcaster I have been listening to my entire life its really pathetic that people could say oh forget those old timers what they do for me?

I'll tell you what they did They played for the love of the game they played with class and they played for their team. I would have much rather watched games in the 60's and 70's then the ones today. steroids pre madonnas convicts killers and the rest of the crap in all of pro sports is pathetic.

Basically my point its respect must be given to the players of the past and they have every right to expect compensation from a billion dollar industry when they sacrifeced they bodies to it. Not for money or fame but the love of the game.
You had me until you got there. How does the fact that I don't need or care for historic teams make me a glitcher? Sorry ya lost me on that one...