View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #64
tmulk
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Yeah, I told Kornstar I wanted to play him. He said ok, game me his GT. I sent a friend request and he declined, never came back here.
1. Kornstar would humiliate you.

2. Why is it that so many 'sim' ballers think that these guys couldn't play Madden in any way, shape, or form in which it was created? Who here thinks that they could beat K Star, Big Gene, Truth, Problem, Neph, Chow, or any of the other elite players in the country in next years game? In 2011? In Head Coach? What the hell makes you think they won't adapt their game to win in Any situation? These are professionals, and as sad as that may sound (and probably, rightfully so) THIS IS WHAT THEY DO!

An elite tournament player will do what it takes to win. Period. Its on the designers of the game to make that resemble true NFL football. Hate the game, not the player. When there is money on the line, why wouldn't you do whatever it took to win?

One other way to look at this.... If it wasn't for these type of players, guys willing to put in hundreds of hours of lab time over a season to perfect their 'cheese' and 'money plays', none of this stuff would come out. I would argue that The Madden Lab has done more for exploiting the problems in this game than anyone at OS ever has. They put every glitch, every nano, every money play out there in the open for Everyone to use. I would argue that in the long run, this is better for the health of the franchise than the 'Sim' community who follows their own little rules and guidelines to make the game what they want. Shouldn't the game that comes out of the box be NFL football?

Last edited by tmulk; 04-20-2009 at 10:42 AM.