View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Oh this is just great, the most overused, and insanely deadly play from 09, can now be hot routed on every single play, eliminating the ability to at least read formations and tendencies so you can TRY and stop it. Please, please tell me that this WR screen is not as ridiculously effective as 09.
Maybe I am mistaken? I know you can do a WR screen on PS2 and am about 85% sure you can do it on PS3/360... but remember, its just the WR being hot routed to a screen and that is it. The O-line will not block like a screen or anything like that, so its not going to be NEARLY as effective as a WR screen, and yes I agree that WR Screens were far too effective in 09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
100% Agree.
But at that point, that is where the play is going. There is no other option and he won't throw to anyone else. That being the case, a forced drop would be enforced unless you make the signal to void it and throw it to a specific receiver without the drop.
Sure, I can agree with that... but I still fear that someimtes a nano will be run taht will get to you so fast that you'll be dropped before the 3 step drop can be completed, and regardless of how hopeless that scenario may seem to the QB, I still don't like the fact that I will compeltely helpless in making any attempt to move out of the way.