View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #87
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I don't think a QB drops back blindly regardless of the pressure he is dealing with... I assume that if he sees that a blocking assignment has broken down horribly that he will probably abandon his designed drop back and try to get the hell out of there...

But as long as we have a birds eye view of the field we really can never compare the game with the real thing.... it is just a video game after all where the blind side of a QB is non existent.

My concern is if a nano is found that is unstoppable, then you have this forced drop back scenario + unstoppable nano which ruins the entire game for a whole year... seems pretty risky. Hopefully they allow this feature to be patchable in case something like that occurs.
This is a hard one to deal with because currently awareness of a QB picking up these blitz during play just doesnt matter. Manning is obviously nearly 100 Xs better then Alex Smith when it comes to reading plays as they happen and adapting.

Maybe they could make awareness matter as to how quickly you can break out of the drop back? This was Manning with his 99 awareness has almost complete control of what he does where Smith looks like he is getting nailed by teh blitz because he "cant" read the blitz coming?