Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #103
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I about cried when I heard you say this lol

That means if I get a player who has a good arm there is almost no point in sitting him over a QB with a worse arm but higher awareness. This doesnt happen in the NFL. Otherwise all rookies who could throw the ball in college with strength and accuracy would be amazing in the NFL. Awareness needs to matter and this would help make a difference.
Well not true at all. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the fact that in Madden 09 Andrew Walters was a great QB because he had good THP and THA and AWR didn't matter.

I'm basing my statements on the information that QBs will now have more stats to deal with, Short, Medium and Long passes, PA among other things.

I loved how the PS2 used AWR where if you had bad AWR your QB would not throw very well and also it would effect how quickly the vision cone shifted, but the cone is done so that element is gone.

I want good QBs to stand out from crappy QBs even when controlled by a human, especially when controlled by a human and it sounds to me like the additional QB ratings will play a big role into that... but I want to see even more. Like I mentioned alreayd I'd love to see a drop back rating, which determines how well a QB drops back and how in synch he will be with the route ran by the WR when his drop back is complete.

In Fact, a WRs route running skills should also play a big role into that.

So if you have P. Manning and M. Harrison their drop back, throw and route breaks should be almost perfect.

Another great stat would be a team work or chemistry stat, where in franchise mode the more your QB played with a WR the more chemestry they would develop which in turn would help with the timing of routes and throws, etc...etc...

There's lots of room for improvement and intriguing depth in this area, and I hope EA will take us into the right direction here.