View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
CVELL
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Adaptive AI is going to be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21;

If I couldn't get rim on a basketball goal, but kept trying for an hour each day, well I would finally get it, right? If you keep running slants all day, even a high school CB would learn how to defend it in the middle of a game. hell, I could and I play HS WR.

Canes21, Thanks for posting but your missing my point. This is what I'm saying and apologize for what I said wrong. I did not say Slant all day. First of all, the Slant is an extremely hard route to defend period. I'm saying if the CB is in man, his job was to take away the Slant off top. If he could not, then how is he going to get better by getting burned?

Now, I'll tell you how I think it should work. The most effective way to take away a Slant is bump n run or press coverage with the rule changes. Now, what should happen is this.

The CB will be placed in a position where he will have to play up at the LOS to defend the Slant. That is where the Speed ratings come into play. If the WR is faster than the CB, now the offense can run other routes against him. So the defense will be placed at a disadvantage because what do you want to give up, a 7 yard Slant, or a deep ball? Or the Seam due to always needing to keep a Safety over the top.

THIS IS FOOTBALL. This is why strong physical WR's and DB's are like gold. I would rather see the Game play out like this than a rating boost. All because the defense wants to call dummy defenses instead of reacting to what is going on on the field.

That's why a CB should automatically back up if he is aware enough to know the WR is faster than him. That would place the realistic effect of having R. Moss on your team. If a defense wants to constantly not place a Safety over the top, die a quick death. But if you do play R. Moss correctly, you should be able to phase him out of the Game.

Look at Baltimore 2 years ago. Good Defense right? They played both Safeties 20+ yards off the LOS to deter effectively the deep ball. It worked, but Peyton being Peyton, performed surgery underneath it for the W.

They played NE that same year, the most explosive offense in history right? They did not keep both Safeties deep. Why? Because they could not physically dominate the LOS so they went at them head up.

That's football. There is a reason why things happen and I think its time we as Gamers are faced with the same situations NFL coaches are faced with. Not given a ratings boost a.k.a "A Learning Curve"

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove