Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #106
shotgun styles
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

Please take no offense to this 'bro. But you're really thinking on one side of the ball. You basically want to turn around and pass with no dropback and have a completely accurate throw, right? Well, how unfair is that for the defense? What if the defensive pressure is forcing you to rush your throw but you're able to let off an accurate pass despite being rushed, you should still be rewarded? I understand your gripe but you can't think of how it affects one side of the ball. To me, this dropback functions in a way similar to 2K's. Most sim gamers love the dropbacks in 2K including myself.
*sigh*

Go outside with a friend. Have him snap you the ball and then turn and try to throw it at a target. After 2 or 3 tries you will be able to do it almost every time. Now imagine you are an NFL QB who has practiced making that throw 1000 times.

The solution here is not to make the offense weaker, it is to make the defense stronger. The risk in pulling up and throwing instantly is not that you will be innacurate, it's that the defender is in zone and will jump the route and snatch the ball before the receiver can get there.

This is why the real-life play where QB's pull up and throw on a called running play is so dangerous. If the corner sees it coming, it's going the other way for 6.