Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #37
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Adaptive AI - Play Based vs Route Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I guarantee you that if an NFL team on Sunday would have success with a play more than once and that the defensive coordinator refused to adjust accordingly that they would run the same thing over and over, but obviously in the NFL Coordinators are a bit smarter than that.

Look, I'm playing on-line to play people with a pulse... people that I expect adjustments from. I throw something at them and then I expect them to adjust accordingly... that's the fun of it, that's the chess match.... then they adjust and now I have to do something different, and that's how it goes for the whole game, and its a BLAST!! I'm willing to tolerate the level of adaptive AI that Ian has discussed, although I really don't like it at all, but to implement something that helps someone successfully defend an offense even though they have the wrong personal on the field altogether is lunacy!
Again, over simplifying. You can draw a hard line both ways. Adaptive AI shouldn't play the game for you, which is basically what you are eluding to. At the end of the day what we should see though is defensive players playing much more intelligently and offenses having to be far more diverse in their play calling. Just like you see on Sunday, right?