RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: twitter hints at improved blocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
Ian,

With regards to running and tackling while engaged, is Madden '10 going to have proper hit detection while going into the line. IE, players running through players laying on the ground (instead of tripping/stumbling) and slow downs via friction (rubbing lineman as they run past).

This has plagged video football for years as RB's can simply bypass the pile and go full speed through tiny holes. It makes short yardage runs unrealistically easy. If the hole is tight the RB has to slow down to get through it...there's 1200 pounds of beef to get through.

This would be especially prevelant for a back such as Brandon Jacobs (or a FB). 260 pounds takes up space and needs bigger holes then a Warrick Dunn. That friction caused by the tight holes (and stumbling/slowdowns because of fallen players) needs to be represented.
+1

You have a friend in me 'bro. You should know that this is something I left in my feedback down in Orlando and something I mentioned to Ian personally as well.

2K8 didn't feature much collision detection in the run game, but 2K5 really shined here IMO. I'm not sure if the Ian and team can make big strides in this area this year, but I'm hoping we get a little something there. There was a push the pile animation in Madden 08 though it was infrequent. I'd settle for something like that this year. By the way, I'm primarily talking about colliding with your blockers. There needs to be animations for that.