Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #129
shotgun styles
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian

People like Shotgun style are the reason for the expression "A little knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands." You don't understand sight adjustments and you don't understand hot reads, so stop pretending like you do.

You don't sight adjust from a 15 yard dig into a hitch. You sight adjust from a 15 yard dig to a 12 yard curl to a skinny post. Its based off the reaction of a, singular, particular defender.

Read some of Walsh's stuff (I'm assuming you read an article or something, therefore making you an expert). A sight adjustment is based on particular coverage within the same concepts. A hot read is either communicated before the play, or more likely, built in to the play based on that particular opponents tendencies or by their formation.

That doesn't change the dropback. For example, if a hot read modifies a play it will modifty it within the framework of the designed play. That is, a backside post morphing to a slant would likely occur on a package with a 3 step drop. Assuming that the blitzers out number the blockers the QB will have to throw it off a back foot, or accept the contact while throwing.

if the hot read isn't possible based on the defense, you'll likely see the true audible (or a TO).
Wow. That's really amazing. Especially since I COACH, and I never said ANY OF THAT SH!T.

Let's start with your bullsh!t claim that you can't sight adjust to a completely different route. I always coach my kids to break off deep when the corner creeps within 3 of the LOS, regardless of the route called. This results in 15+ gains nearly 40% of the time.

So your entire soliloquy about what routes can be sight adjusted to is bullsh!t. Period. You can do whatever the offense dictates.

I also stated in this thread that if the OL/DL interaction was fixed, the consequences of not dropping would be apparent. But not only can you not coach, you can't read either.

You're not an expert, and reading a few books at Borders does not make you a coach, so keep the condescending rhetoric to yourself. It has no place on this board.