Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #135
shotgun styles
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
I'll be sure to tell my players on Monday the guy on the internet said I can't coach anymore.

Since you coach I'll assume you tell your QB to just change his dropback without telling his lineman? I assume you have him throw the ball to unsuspecting WRs?

So you want to sight adjust to a go? That's quite a bit different then a slant or a hitch don't you think? Do you have your QB throw it flat footed as well?

So you sight adjust a hitch to a dig? You site adjust a dig to slant? Show me some tape. I want to see your QB's footwork and I want to see the pass protection.
See, this is why I question you. Every step in a drop is mapped down to the inch. But you can't get ANYONE to do it perfectly every time, nor can you get them to both improvise on a sight-adjust AND have perfect footwork all at the same time.

It's just not realistic. I mean, if your QB has that kind of perfect body control on every play with all the responsibilities he has, AND all the things that happen at the snap that he can't control then he needs to be in the NFL hall of fame. Nobody is that perfect.

Bottom line: All he needs to do is get out of the center's wheelhouse and get rid of the ball in that situation. Overcoaching a kid will and expecting perfection on every snap is unrealistic and will get you fired in no time.

That is the human aspect of coaching that you don't seem to have a grasp of. That or your players are robots.
Advertisements - Register to remove