Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #54
seriousluboy83
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
For the sake of argument, I am going to compile the same list for where Madden's rankings stood ten years ago in Madden 2000. Honestly, the ratings have grown exponentially to the point where being an "elite" player in Madden means almost nothing.

95 - 5 players (Larry Allen, Jason Sehorn, Leon Searcy, Antonio Freeman, John Randle)

96 - 8 players (Jason Elam, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Jamal Anderson, Mike Anderson, Brett Favre, Chad Hentrich, R. McDaniel)

97 - 7 players (Terrel Davis, Aneas Williams, Zach Thomas, Bryant Young, William Roaf, Levon Kirkland, Randy Moss)

98 - 7 players (Bruce Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Warren Sapp, E. Swann, T. Boselli, L. Butler, Gary Anderson)

99 - 3 players (Barry Sanders, M. Turk, D. Dawson)

100 - 2 players (Mike Alstott, Deon Sanders)

That is 32 players over 95. 13 teams had no one over 95, and 5 teams had no one over 90. The game, despite all of its obvious shortcomings when complared to Madden 10 years later, still simulates statistics better, and the franchise mode is still more fun to simulate through and build a team than 2008 or 2009 was.

32 players over 95 sounds good to me.

nice info bro