View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 AM   #56
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

I'd like to see it more stretched, to be honest. Donny said to me on twitter once "If I could make Fitz's jump 107, I would."... to me this is evidence that the ratings should be spread even farther.

Not calling you out by any means, Donny, just making a point here

Now, first off, I wouldn't even give a guy an "overall" rating. I'd simply rate his individual attributes and let the overall fall where it may. This of course means that the overall ratings would land people in odd places sometimes, but the fact is that overall doesn't actually do anything in-game, so why worry about it?

If I were to assign an overall to start out, they'd be significantly lower than they are now. 95+ would be reserved for those who are in the greatest of all time argument... there might be only a select few at a given time. Brady, Manning, Fitzgerald, maybe a couple others. 90+ would be the best of right now. 90-94 would be made up of guys that are currently 95+ outside of the elite few. And down the line like that. Filler players would be in the 30s, camp guys in the 20s... less than 20, those dudes that get selected late in the draft but never make a team.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.