View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #57
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

I would really like to see ratings spread a little further. I don't think there should be 50 guys in the 95 or better category. I think really you should have to be a HOF talent to get to that level. A majority of probowl players should only be 80-89 and the rest of starters should mainly fall in the 70s with players who are seen as weak points in their teams who should probably be replaced in the 60s. If I was going to list players who should be 95 or better

QB: peyton
Tom
Although Drew is my favorite QB and I think he is a great QB I wouldn't put him over 92 or 93.

HB: None
I think peterson should be the highest at 94. He has a ton of talent but also has his share of problems especially hanging on to the ball.

FB: None

WR: Fitz
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith
That is all I would put up there but I could see randy, or calvin coming close

TE: Gates
Witten
Gonzo

OT Peters
Thomas

OG Hutchenson
Snee

C Mangold
Ohara

DE: Jared Allen
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Justin tuck
I know a lot of people think freeny and mathis should get a mention here but while they are great pass rushers they are very one dementional and I have seen them torn up by draw plays enough that I think in run stopping type ratings they should be rated low enough that I see them low 90s. I could see osi up here but coming off of injury I wouldn't put him there.

DT Haynseworth
Kevin Williams
The other guy mentioned harris but he has really not lived up to the hype the last couple years and should drop off

OLB Merriman depending on how you see him coming back
Ware
Harrison

MLB Beason
Willis
Ray

CB Asomugha
Revis
Woodson

FS Reed

SS Troy

K Bironas

P Lechler

That is 33 which is higher than I would have figured I would put up there but that is all I figure really deserve the 95 or better rating.