Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #177
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
But isn't the answer to this making DEs able to shed blocks to contain better? Putting in severely penalties to accuracy and power when throwing the ball on the run?

I see the problems. But I don't see why a forced drop is the best solution. Aren't the best solutions the reasons that real-life QBs don't do this stuff? Because of what happens in real-life when scrambling outside of a pocket and because of how hard it is to pass well when on the move? Shouldn't we want EA to fix that instead of applying an odd bandage like a froced drop? Again, it's like treating a broken arm with painkillers. We're not making the problem go away, we're just making it less noticeable.
The stuff in your first paragraph is already being taken care of outside of the forced dropback. The forced dropback is not their to solely fix those issues; it's there for realism.

You're looking at the dropback as the solution and it is not being used solely for that purpose. DE sheding blocks and accuracy hits for certain passes is getting fixed regardless; doesn't mean you do-away with the forced dropback.

I hate to imagine how ugly the dropbacks would be if users were responsible for doing them on their own.