View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #51
TombSong
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Adaptive AI - Play Based vs Route Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Yeah, I didn't really care too much about 2ks playmakering implementation either. I'd have to say that if you want to see it done the best you gotta pop in a PS2 version of Madden, its simply brilliant:

1. Highlight the player (no need to press X or anything)
2. Press the Analog stick in a direction (or double tap for some zones). So if you want a flat zone you hit the stick to the right once, if you want a purple zone you tap it to the right twice. (You never need more than a double tap for anything).

And that's it. And it works great. You don't have to remember which stick is for what... there's just one stick and it does everything. I still don't understand why they had to change it... the goal should be to make the transition from teh PS2 game to the 360 / ps3 game as smooth as possible, and then they take something that worked great on the PS2 and change it completely ... The logic there escapes me, its just so bizzare that someone not only had this idea but that enough people agreed with it.
disagree here. AP2K8 was actually better for calling hot assignments. I can make calls for my whole backfield in seconds.
You hold the trigger and all the players icons pop up. just keep the trigger held down and select the player you want and make the call...pop pop, thats it. You can make calls for the whole backfield in 3 seconds if you know what you want to do. Same thing for the LB's.

I just wish they let shift the defensive line like they allowed in 2K5.
Advertisements - Register to remove