View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #40
Steeler99
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: lions new logo in madden 10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
But the Lions have never really been a winning franchise, so at some point, why not give the whole thing a makeover? Teams like the Steelers, Packers & Cowboys (and other "dynasty" like teams) have a tradition of winning, so they keep their tradition of uniformity (uniforms) at all times.
I know it's going WAY back, but the Lions actually were a very strong team back in the 50's and into the early 60's, so while it has be a very, very long time, they do have some tradition with this logo. I like the slight tweak versus an entire make-over. I've always felt the Lions had one of the better looking logos? They entered the NFL way back in 1930, and I like the fact they've maintained a well known logo. I'm sick of all the teams that seem to change everything every few years .... they are the ones with NO tradition.

Millen is gone, so hopefully the Lions will get some love over the next few years? It wasn't that many years ago that teams like the Patriots were annual losers so ya never know???