Old 04-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #210
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I snap it, I do the drop, I read the D, and I throw it...

The drop back has never been something the user had to practice, be aware of, or ever care about...people would always let the CPU do that for them. I'm saying the drop is apart of the QB's skill set, its a unique talent.

We should have a drop back rating. Its one of the single most important things a QB can learn to do...but its on auto-pilot in Madden as we (the users) get a free pass...and are not held to accountability for this all too important aspect of gameplay.
You're right...the dropback has never been something you had to care about or be aware of. With a forced dropback, now you do . All jokes aside, I think this thing is being blown out of proportion. If the forced dropback is only 1-3 steps, you won't be able to tell it's there. Like Bandit, it's time I drop out of this discussion.

One thing I'd like to say is that you're overstating the dropback as far as it being a unique talent. Outside of draft time (now) and rating rookie QB's, you never hear/read anything about the preciseness of a dropback lol. You never hear analysis saying, "Man, Tom Brady has an awesome dropback! That's pure talent!" Nor do you hear, "He has the arm and the intangibles. If he could just drop back better, he'd be a first round pick." We may hear things pertaining to footwork to an extent, but I wouldn't say that dropping back is some talent that only a chosen few quarterbacks have. Obviously, it's something that has to be learned for some raw QB's, but I wouldn't emphasize it as some exclusive talent.