View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #163
STLRams
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Okay idea for the dropback animation (and the inherent problem of people wanting to breakout and run, but still using some sort of realism to make them drop back realistically)

Since people want the ability to choose which dropback to use (3,5,7) how about tie the dropback into the primary route of the play. So if its a slant it will be a 3step, etc... also allows us to change the primary route preplay at the line, which will change the dropback to match.

I dont think I need to go into farther detail as its pretty self explanatory. PM me if you need answers.
Exactly, this is how it was in NFL2K5 and APF2K8. Certain plays had a 3,5 or 7 dropback. When you pressed the hike button the QB would automatically go into a dropback, without you having to press anything else. Now you could at anytime use the controller and make him stop, or dropback further if you wanted, but say for me alot of times I didn't because I knew the dropback steps my QB was automatically taking where based on the play and routes being ran. Also if you wanted to break free from that dropback animation you could, and the players actually moved and pivot realistically in those games. And if you changed the primary route, the dropback changed also. This is how it should be done in Madden10.

I remember my friend that didn't like to play NFL2K because of this because he couldn't hike and sprint off with Vick down the side line in the old Maddens. But he admitted that 2K had it more realistic SIM wise. This was the same case for playaction and roll out plays with the QB, just by pressing the hike button, depending on the play the QB would automatically take his proper steps or movements, but you could take control at anytime during this. I'm really hoping Ian implements this properly in Madden10.