View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #36
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I wasn't saying young as in he's going to develop more (and I guess he doesn't have many playing years left anyway), just as in he hasn't started to regress yet or have his body start to really break down.

I really wouldn't disagree with anything you've said, except maybe Welker. I think he's overrated and that he's blessed with being in a very good offensive system more than anything. He's very good at what he does, but I wouldn't list him with #1 WRs. I would put Wayne in the range of Colston, White and Jennings. He'll probably land behind Boldin as well (and maybe Houshmanzadeh). I don't really rank players numerically, so I'd say he fits in around there, lower end top 10. He's very good, but he's not the elite. He should be low 90s, high 80s IMO he'll land around 91-92.

I actually personally would put him at about an 88. Madden will probably still be scaled too high in ratings and will have him around 90-92. I actually think when healther marques is somewhat better. TJ had a down year and though that was largely due to QB issues I could see them dropping him down. Also he will turn 32 during the next season. As for boldin, I think he somewhat benefits from having fitz there, I see him as a mid level #1 or top end #2 receiver.

As far as wes, I agree, if I was doing ratings his overall wouldn't top 85. He is successful due to a very specialized, very powerful, but also very limited skill set. I think if they rate him as they should his overall will be mid to low 80s. However, in an effort to not upset anyone and in order to make him able to play to his stats within the CPU AI they will probably overrate him in areas where he is really not that good. (I really feel the same way about a lot of players. sproles, bush, leon, hester, chris johnson, slaton, the list goes on). Therefor I think his overall could quite possibly see his overall being higher than reggie wayne.