View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Nice weather effect hopefully EA can build on...

I've had quite a few slips in 09. I think it's tuned pretty well. I don't want them to overdo that. NFL players tend to have great balance, so you don't see a lot of highlights of guys pulling follies in the rain and snow on a regular basis.

... Those mud games in 09 look so cool in the EASportsWorld vids. I think the extra downgrading/compressing gives them a stronger, more tough kind of appearance because live in-game they don't look as tough.

The one thing that stands out to me in the vid though, is the fact that I can see the player's breath. I've posted about it on the boards a number of times over the past year, but I personally pleaded my case to Phil about why we need a "Cold" weather option so we can see the breath effect besides just the two snow blizzard's we got in 09... and I took it all the way back to 1999 about how 2K used that effect to build buzz around the game and the weather options in the game, even making it on to NBC Today where NBC had an entire segment devoted to it.

It's an effect that just adds that extra something special, and we should be able to get it anytime we want, not just in the playoffs, or in snow, or if we turn on live weather (which was pretty much broken in 09).

... I hope they agree, and if it's possible they're able to get this in. it's just one of those small things that just feels like football. Fingers crossed.