View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #20
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Coffin Corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
This is true that "stick skills" shouldn't override ratings...however, you can't just add a rating for "Inside 20" for punters, because those things are handled:
1) by the user--as I've said in this thread before, I handle trajectory, angle, power, etc...
2) by the accuracy rating you are talking about--we don't need another rating (we have plenty of those already--Run Block and Run Block Footwork...really?) to control if I can get it to bounce out at the 2 yard line...the accuracy should dictate if I can pinpoint where the ball goes, not a "Corner Punt" rating...
I agree that there doesn't need to be an "inside 20" rating. Maybe an accuracy for trajectory could be added separate from accuracy for angle. The trajectory could be handled in the same way as the angle although the room for error would be different in the two and some definite tuning would need to be done. The angle and trajectory should be what determines where the punt goes. The ratings as I have described would effect trajectory and angle and therefore would effect where the punt goes.

As far as this "we have enough ratings" thing goes, I would disagree. I can see a lot of ratings that should be added. As far as the run block and run block footwork, and run block strength those are redundant. Run block should be removed and the other two should remain. Talking to donny I have gotten the impression they are moving in this direction phasing out the run block rating. Pretty sure he said all it handles anymore is some of the stats when simming so they are moving in the direction of fully replacing it.

I see the same happening to things like throw accuracy, awareness, break tackle and maybe even catch and could see reason to do so with strength, injury, route running, release/press, and most other ratings in the game.

Last edited by kcarr; 04-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.