View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
polamalu82
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Would you buy Madden NFL 10 or ESPN NFL 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
There's no way to predict what would have happened had there been no exclusitivity agreement. EA probably would have made better next-gen Madden games in 06 / 07 / 08 based on the presence of competition alone forcing them to.

On top of that, I'm not convinced that 2K could have made a head-and-shoulders better football game than EA in that time span. Even the great NFL 2K5 had flaws that detracted significantly from that game (in particular busted draft logic, wonky preseason trades, sometimes-braindead DBs), though everyone seems to overlook these drawbacks.

Further, name me a 2K Sports football game that hasn't had a flaw of some kind; off the top of my head, NFL 2K4 had drastically overpowered running backs, and in NFL 2K3 all the receivers had the dropsies. APF2K8 had no sort of franchise mode to speak of, and in my experience at least the flea-flicker completely broke the game. My point is, you can't say the 2K games are flawless, and the argument over which is (well, was) better is always going to be subjective.

Either way, this argument is moot because there is no NFL2K10 to buy, for better or worse.
Hey, I'll be the first to second that. The man coverage in both 2k5 and Madden is bad. Draft logic in both sucks.

I just always liked the fluidity in 2k5 over any current gen Madden game.