View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #48
thecougarbear
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
yea i hear what your sayin but as im sitting here right now im wondering how is EA gonna make the ratings actually mean something this year....ay do me a favor cougar.... make a HB wit 0 everything in MADDEN 2000 and see if his ratings are usefull or not plz....then could you tell me the results
here's the deal with create aplayer in M2000: for most of the important skill position ratings (acceleration, speed, break tackles, etc.) the lowest possible rating to be given to a RB is 50.

When everything is at 50, and his Pass Blocking is dropped to zero, he comes out at a "36" overall.

Different positions have different lower end caps. O-linemen's strength cap is "60," etc.

All that said, there are players already in the game with statistics lower than their "create a player" ratings. Hence the ability of the game to list the lowest rated player at "35" (FB Ayanbadejo of the Vikings, who has Pass and Run Block ratings of below "40," despite having all athletic skills such as speed above "60").

I'm not saying that M2000 was the perfect representation of ratings, but the stretching produces more accurate simulated statistics and scores.