View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #51
marktg30
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: If ratings really mean something this year, than EA should....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
No disrespect, but have you ran track or do you know anyone that is gifted with some serious speed? If so, then you should know that if someone has speed (fast), they are fast on a track, a field, on a street, on dirt, in grass, or wherever.

You argue that pads will slow him down. Yes, they will slow him down, just like they will slow down anyone who puts them on. Common sense should tell people that unless he is extraordinarily weak, then those pads will have the same affect that they have on any other speed guy with pads.

His running style and technique only enhances his speed. He still is fast regardless of how he decides to run. What you fail to realize is that speed is something that you really can't dispute. You either have it, or you don't. Guys that run at the combine also have different running styles during a sprint, then on the field. Does that make them much slower? I think you get my point.

To make sure that I understand you correctly, you are arguing that if he puts on pads, or has to carry a football, that would drop his speed to average (80 speed rating)? If he was a WR, he would barely wear any pads anyway. Pads do not weight as much as they did in the 80's and 90's.
There were quite a few NFL coaches on ESPN today talking about how there is a difference between '40 yard dash wonders' and good football players.

They compared Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice (both ran 4.5 and 4.6s) to some players that ran 4.3 and 4.4 and talked about how Rice and Smith wouldn't get caught from behind as often as some of the 4.3 and 4.4 guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove