View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #24
DHB_8
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Was anyone else extremely disappointed from the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Maybe its the way you come off? These guys are professionals, no matter how much we disagree with them at times. Am I happy with Madden 10 so far? Not at all. I do agree with all of your points in principal. The animations are pretty bad.

I guess I'm at the point where no amount of howling into the wind is going to change the direction that Madden is going to go in. I was going to save this for another day but I may as well post it now.

The problem with this Madden game and all future Madden games is that they are all going to be built from the same horrible engine that the game currently runs on. No matter how talented Ian is at coding he is still working on an engine that was designed 3 years ago by a team of highly trained monkeys more or less. In order for Madden to really flourish again, they're going to need a brand new engine coded by somebody who actually gives a damn. Until then, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Believe it or not, I was extremely nice. The PM I sent him was like:
"Hey guys, thanks for all the great and hard work you guys have put in but do you guys think you could touch up the Special Teams play? It's a critical part of the NFL and if you guys improved it, we all would be grateful. Thanks again".

What more do you want me to do? To send him a Spongebob post card with a cake?