Old 04-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
TrevJo
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
If you put some realistic sliders on the game and put it on heisman then it's not that easy. My point was that you seem to want to take teams like Tulsa and make them into these super, unrealistic powerhouses and I like to play games that match up comparably with their IRL counterpart. I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting to do that. It's just a difference in tastes.
First of all, stop with the Tulsa crap. I'm only using Tulsa because the people I joined an online dynasty with were using Conference USA.
Second of all, the reason they chose that conference was because we know that the game is easy (even if you pump up the sliders all the way, the game still becomes easy when you're used to it, and recruiting is always easy). They wanted at least a challenge from the CPU for a few years and I agree with that line of thinking.
I would like it if the difficulty of the game is realistic. If it were, we'd have picked better, more interesting schools to begin with. But it's not.

Ok, so you don't know me, and you don't know what you're talking about.

I like TeamBuilder because I went to Montana State and now I can create them and have fun playing with them. That is one of the primary scenarios that this feature is in there for. Another big scenario is for being able to create classic uniforms/stadiums for existing BCS teams. Just because you don't like the scenarios that TeamBuilder covers, doesn't make it bad.

To do full FCS, that is TONS more research and dev time, disk space and server space. Not to mention: Last time they did FCS schools, their rosters were crappy. Not well constructed in terms of filling out the depth chart and having a good mix of underclassmen and upperclassmen, and lots of innaccuracies. No doubt, it was difficult for them to make the time to scout shoddy FCS athletic websites to get the information needed to do it right. The people that did the I-A roster names didn't jump on I-AA. Then the second year they did FCS it sucked even more, because they didn't even update the rosters from the previous year.

To do pregame and halftime shows instead like you would prefer, you may want that and so may others, but some don't, myself included.

To each his own. EA can't please everyone. Just don't act like your opinion is revolutionary, or like you have higher standards than everyone else. It's already been discussed in the ongoing threads but you just wanted to start your own and complain. The feature doesn't appeal to you because you have different priorities, and that's fine. That said, when it comes to TeamBuilder vs full FCS for the general fan base, you clearly are blind to the reality that TeamBuilder is more bang for the buck.

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-24-2009 at 09:00 PM.